Sunday, January 4, 2015

The prayers of a new foster/adopt parent…



May my children sleep through the night tonight, restful and quiet, without interrupting the only quiet time I have during my day. 

May my children find solace in my love, as they cry over who is closer to the heater, who gets what seat at dinner time, that their sister said they could have what they wanted, that their sister said “I know that,” that the cat doesn’t want to be pet, that they didn’t win the game, that it’s time for bed, that it's not yet time for bed.

May my children always be excited by the newness, and continue to find sweeping, laundry, and animal feeding fun and may we forever be able to trick them into doing chores.

May their giggles always fill our home, and may they always ask for hugs and love, even when they’re too old for them, because one is never really too old for hugs and love.

May the magic of them calling me “Mama Margee” or my wife “Ima Kate” never wear off, and may it always make my heart glow as they terrorize each other and our home.

May their tears and laughter always remind me to slow down, and prioritize what is really important in this world – relationships and family.


May we build our lives together forever, and may we soon (within the next year) officially become a permanent family.

No comments:

Post a Comment